Greetings from the Al-Abidaat

Dear all,
This blog is initially a place for the three people who write in it to share our thoughts on life. However, if any of our pieces benefit and interest you, we welcome you to share your thoughts on comments. Thank you.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Time to Heal

   [The title of this entry was inspired by a new blog I found, hehe]


   I liked this nasyeed ever since I heard it for the first time. In fact the whole album is pretty cool. I listened to this a lot during those two lonely but strangely peaceful week that I spent early this year. It reminds me of a certain person with whom I used to be good friends. Thinking of her is not exactly easy- for some reason the bad memories always seem clearer than the good ones, but listening to this song helps. It helps to bring the good memories back.


   My friend _________, this song is for you.




I know I’m waiting
Waiting for something
Something to happen to me
But this waiting comes with
Trials and challenges
Nothing in life is free
I wish that somehow
You’d tell me out aloud
That on that day I’ll be ok
But we’ll never know cause
That’s not the way it works
Help me find my way

My Lord show me right from wrong
Give me light make me strong
I know the road is long
Make me strong
Sometimes it just gets too much
I feel that I’ve lost touch
I know the road is long
Make me strong
I know I’m waiting
Yearning for something
Something known only to me
This waiting comes with
Trials and challenges
Life is one mystery
I wish that somehow

You’d tell me out aloud
That on that day you’ll forgive me
But we’ll never know cause
That’s not the way it works
I beg for your mercy
My Lord show me right from wrong
Give me light make me strong
I know the road is long
Make me strong
Sometimes it just gets too much
I feel that I’ve lost touch
I know the road is long
Make me strong

Words: Sami Yusuf
Music: Sami Yusuf
Produced by Sami Yusuf
source
  
   I pray that the bad memories will one day cease to exist. Burnt to ashes and scattered in the sea. I doubt you know the existence of this blog, and ever will, but I hope you understand.

   Let us pray that Allah makes us strong- strong enough to face the trials and tests that he puts upon us. Ameen.


   By the way, I love KakYong's interpretation of Dawud Warnsby Ali's song 'People of the Boxes'. It's like a session in one of Prof. Rosnani's Hikmah programmes. If I were still in IIUM, I'd recommend 'Song Interpretation' as one of the activities of the Facilitator Training Programme, hehe. 

2 comments:

KakYong May 11, 2011 at 9:40 PM  

we don't have to look for those seemingly 'grand'issues in life. the discussion of meanings n interpretations of the many things around us can be philosophical as well. i learnt that in literature classes n from Hikmah. many lessons can be derived from such a simple thing as a song. everyone listens to them, but ho many actually think about what they meant, and how we might 'fit' somewhere in the lyrics. btw, this is one of my fav songs of all time woohooo

Sumaiyyah May 12, 2011 at 1:04 AM  

How true.

Sometimes the smallest thing means a lot. How I wish that it's easier to remember this, all the time!

I know, I don't listen to it much but I like it. It's full of meaning



  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP